Friday, November 19, 2010

Vegan MoFo Out and About in Asbury Park


Asbury Park is one of my very favorite places down the Jersey Shore. We spend so much time there because there is so much to do there.

If you find yourself on the boardwalk in the summer time I recommend you stop at Pop's Garage. The tacos can be easily veganized and they are yummy.  A second Pop's Garage location is opening soon in the Grove in Shrewsbury which is right around the corner from me, finally some good take out in the area!

Also on the boardwalk you can get vegan soy ice cream in Chocolate or Vanilla at either of the ice cream parlors! They of course have sorbets as well.


Over on 4th Ave is Asbury Lanes. Bowling, music, lounge and a snack bar that has vegan snacks too! You need to go there!

Down on Cookman Avenue is a Twisted Tree Cafe that offers an assortment of vegan sandwiches, smoothies, and deserts.

Also on Cookman Avenue in the arcade is my favorite pizza parlor Crust and Crumble which has a large assortment of vegan pizza pies, vegan subs, and vegan entrees! As I said they are my very favorite.

The Yoga Basin has a cafe and juice bar too and of course yoga.

There are some vegan options at some of the other restaurants too and if I missed any that are really noteworthy please let me know.

There are so many great shops in Asbury I am just going to mention my favorites here.

My favorite shopping is in Asbury Park as well some don't miss shops are
Bodega Shoppe on the boardwalk. I am transported somewhere else when I visit this shop. It is my favorite store in the whole world. They have something for everyone on your list.

Back over to Cookman, Organic Style is moving but just over to the next town over Ocean Grove so stop by and see Nancy in her new location the first week of December.

Holdfast has a fantastic collection of records, clothes and vintage finds.

Foolish Ginger is on the main level of the arcade on Cookman and has a beautiful collection of everything!

B Unique clothing is all the way down the other end of Cookman but don't pass it by they have great vintage finds and are totally punk rock.

Check out the exhibit at Parlor Gallery.

There are a bunch of new shops too, like the new art supply shop on Bangs Avenue ReBearth.

I am looking forward to doing all of my holiday shopping in Asbury Park this year.

1 comment:

vegan.in.brighton said...

I'll have to add Asbury Park to my list of places to visit when I'm in NJ next.