Saturday, January 26, 2008

Collingswood Market

Today was spent running around taking care of errands we haven't had the time to take care of. A very kind woman donated a large amount of records to us. She lived in this amazing house in the middle of the woods. On our way to return a Christmas present we passed the Collingswood Flea Market. A place we have always meant to stop at but never have. I am still in amazement at this place. It was just so amazing. I used to go to flea markets when I grew up on LI we would go to the commack flea market or the roosevelt raceway before it was turned into a shopping center but it really doesn't compare to collingswood. I am not even sure how to put Collingswood into words.

The last stall we stopped at was an outside stall and it looked as if a trailer had been dumped out on the parking lot. Inside were so many stalls full of random items, dollar stores, greasy spoons, slot racing, head shops, gun shops, pimp shops, a tattoo stall, even a sushi stall... the list goes on and on. I really don't know how to put it into words. I picked up some new sun glasses along with some pickled veggies and cheap paint brushes. I picked up a metal file from the tool shop stand, the vendor asked me what my plans were for the file I of course looked him in the eye and said "Well of course I am gonna bake it in a cake to break my man outta jail." Seeing that our back seat was already full of free records I didn't even attempt to look at all the different records. We got a couple of other things too but mostly I left Collingswood with a feeling of awe.

Today's picks are my tribute to flea markets in general but also for my love of Collingswood. I can't wait to go back.
Photobucket

No comments: