Saturday, February 2, 2008

I found a skull today

I woke up today with all the intentions of working on some new art. But Saturday being my only day before our annual puppy bowl party I had to go shopping for some food. Of course by the time we got home and made lunch which was this amazing kale salad it was already 1. So I set out to my studio to work. But I was so distracted so I went outside and set to a task that I have been thinking about for a long time. Behind our house is sort of a wasteland. I prefer it that way. It is full of animals and a feral cat colony that we take care of. Over the summer our landlords had to clear out a lot of the brush due to a plumbing problem but they left it all in piles along with trash that has been out there for years. It is horrible looking and we have a lovely view of the river and ocean but looking onto beer bottles has bothered me a while. So today I set about picking up the trash. Amongst the beer bottles and odd findings I found a skull. It was an animal skull I think maybe a racoon's or maybe a possums. They lost a tooth. I left it. Such is nature. But I did take some pictures. I couldn't stop thinking about it until I grabbed my camera.
skull

Tomorrow is super bowl suday and we will have our puppy bowl party with all the homemade vegan goodness, music, and some close friends it is such a great day.
Sorry but I have no picks for today.

No comments: