Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Dreams of an Indie Life

We are currently watching some footage of Dinosaur Jr. on the tv. It was on on demand, I never thought when I was growing up that I would be able to click a button and Dinosaur Jr would appear on the tv. All these indie bands that seemed to have disappeared for awhile now reunited and once again rocking.

Speaking of Indie music. We finally saw Juno last night at the local cinema and it was really great. I cried my eyes out. I don't know what happened to me but it really just made me so sad and happy all at once and in a strange way. The soundtrack was absolutely fantastic too, but it is so hard to wrong with the Kinks and Cat Power, Velvet Underground, Belle and Sebastian... the list keeps on going but it was just so well put together. The film definitely lived up to all the hype.

Crafty ideas have moving around in my head and hopefully this weekend I can work some of these new thoughts out.

This morning I stepped out to a slight drizzle. As I waited for the bus it continued on in it's slow monotonous way that drizzle drips. When I got off the bus in NY I thought I could manage the 21 blocks until I got about 8 blocks from the office and it began to downpour so I ran and got soaked in the process. It was ok, the sun came out a little while later. Todays picks are for those drizzly sort of days that are still nice enough to walk in the rain.
Photobucket

No comments: